Part-Time Bookkeeper & Sales Support – New Port Richey, FL 34653
EnGAYged Weddings Inc
About the Job:
EnGAYged Weddings, Inc. has an immediate opening, for an on-site, part-time Bookkeeper. No agencies or contract groups please. The position is responsible to assist in the recording of PayPal credit card and check receipts; on-line bank deposit preparation; invoicing; payroll; accounts payables; and accounts receivable.
The position requires approximately 20-25 hours per week and the responsibilities are to be performed during regularly scheduled work hours (10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday-Thursday). The agreed upon weekly schedule must be consistent.
Position requires knowledge of QuickBooks and generally accepted accounting principles; and understanding of accrual accounting principles. Candidates must be professional; team-based but self-motivated; a well-developed customer-service attitude; outstanding organizational skills; be highly accurate and able to meet deadlines. Position requires involvement with confidential information/material.
EnGAYged Weddings, Inc. is an on-line wedding directory that sells LGBT wedding advertising and is located in New Port Richey, Florida. Additional information may be viewed at www.EnGAYgedWeddings.com.
- Record all payments received by check and credit card into the QuickBooks account system.
- Enter vendor invoices into the Accounts Payable module of QuickBooks.
- Communicate (e-mail and phone) with Clients regarding their account details.
- Verify the accuracy of invoices and other accounting documents or records.
- Prepare and deposit weekly payroll (Amano electronic time clock).
- Prep books for taxes and 1099s.
- Communicate with Manager of Operations regarding accounting discrepancies.
- Provide filing and administrative support.
- Provide assistance in the preparation of quarterly reports and annual financials.
- Provide assistance to the Manager of Operations with confidential material & matters.
- Provide assistance with reconciliation of balance sheet accounts.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School degree; some college accounting/bookkeeper coursework desired.
- A minimum of two (2) years of bookkeeping experience.
- Strong attention to details, highly organized.
- Proven professional ability to handle highly confidential information.
- Proficient & current experience with QuickBooks.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Outlook and Word.
Pay rate is commensurate with experience. No additional compensation or benefits are offered for this part-time position
Quickbooks: 2 years
How to Apply
If you think that EnGAYgedWeddings.com may be a good match for you please tell us WHY in your cover letter.
Please e-mail your cover letter (including expected hourly pay) and resume to:
Please visit the EnGAYgedWeddings.com site and take a look around to get an idea of what we do as a wedding directory. We are strongest in the legal marriage equality states so I recommend visiting the New York section of our wedding directory by clicking on the state of NY on our home page. On the left hand side of the New York state page you will notice several large logos under the heading: "Spotlight on Our Newest Vendors!" - please click on those and take a look at the on-line brochure pages that we create for our wedding advertisers. These are examples of the work that you would be doing with us - we currently create about 100 of these advertising brochure pages each month for our clients.
Please visit www.GayWeddingsForum.com and take a look at our on-line community forum to get a sense of who uses our on-line directory. Take a look at our Pinterest, Twitter and Facebook accounts.
Please visit www.GayWeddingAdvertising.com to get an idea of the advertising that we create.
Please note: You must be authorized to work in the U.S.. This is not a work-from-home position. You will be working from our home office which is located in New Port Richey, FL. We are unable to pay for relocation. This entry level position could lead to full-time employment with benefits down the road if we are a good match.